Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crochet pattern for gowns

I have a few people crocheting me example gowns from this pattern and similar ones, and I will post photos once I get my hands on them.  Two modifications I request if you use this pattern are to make the opening in the back go either all the way down, or at least a 6" slit for ease of dressing, and either tighten up the stitch pattern on the skirt so that there aren't so many large holes or hand stitch a simple fabric liner inside the skirt.

(I also wouldn't recommend ironing on a poodle patch...random.  But the iron mark gave me a good laugh.)

Here's the link to the pattern!

4 comments:

  1. I decided to give this one a whirl tonight. I'm on row 11; it's worked up quite quickly and fairly easily. I hope to have it finished by sewing day next month so you can give it a look-see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Just don't go crazy with any canine themed embellishments ;)...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, but my puppies love to cuddle while I crochet! I'm actually working on a second one right now and trying to figure out a beanie-type hat. I'll show you what I've tried and you can give me pointers on how/why it will/won't work. I'm looking forward to next sewing day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!I would request you NOT to go crazy with canine themed embellishments. However my puppies love to cuddle.
    Sound Deadening Car`
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete